- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C fan forced (or equivalent temperature for your oven). Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the margarine, egg and juice and stir well. At this point my mixture was a little stiff so I also added 1 tbsp of milk.
- Stir in the zest and grated carrot.
- Pour into your prepared tin and pop in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cake is still hot, drizzle over the honey and spread with a pastry brush.
Here is a newish recipe that I tried today, adapted from my favourite banana loaf recipe given to me by my mum. I don't know how healthy it actually is but it "feels" healthy with the carrot...maybe I'm just trying to kid myself ;P it tastes good either way!
enjoy with a cup of tea or any beverage of your choice :)