If you know me, I've never really been one for plans or knowing what I want to do with life, I'm the least organized person ever (although I am getting better!) and I really need to sort myself out.
Being a younger sister, I guess I never really had to worry about many things like getting somewhere on time or making sure I've go everything as my trusty, reliable Big Sister would always remind me. Now she's at Uni and I'm growing up, I've kind of go to do all that myself and I'm still not quite used to it. I'm notorious among my friends for forgetting my Art folder, the most important thing to any art student and I was forever forgetting my diary, PE kit or some kind of homework or another. Basically, I need to become more organised.
I've tried a few things, writing lists etc and I love writing them but I'm not very good when it comes to motivating myself to doing something. Part of it used to be that I would postpone things and leave them until about 11 o'clock at night when I was two tired to function anyway. I've recently discovered that I actually enjoy getting up early. Urm re-phrase that: I don't like the actual getting up part but when I am up, I love making the most of the morning. I find that I work best during daylight hours which is great during the summer when the sun sets at like 9 in the evening but in winter that's not so great (I think I'll leave that problem and tackle it when the days start getting shorter).
This summer, I plan to sort of re-adjust my life a bit. A fresh start I suppose, ready for next year when if I'm not organised, work will just burden me and I won't be able to manage. The plan is...
01. Clear out and get rid of eeeveerything that is unnecessary/broken/un-needed. That way, it won't clutter and it won't distract
02. Get into a routine: get up everyday at the same time, perhaps go for a short walk, read then get ready for the day
03. Go exploring. I've lived in the same town for my entire life and I still don't know my way around the town center!!
04. Be Bold - not sure what I mean by this one, I just want to be less afraid of what people think, perhaps starting by taking out my camera more often and just ignoring the weird looks I get :D
05. Start to look at a few university courses. I have not a clue what I want to do past sixth form and even if I want to go to Uni but having a little look won't hurt
06. Get organised. This summer will be the summer of organisedness, everything will have a place and if it doesn't well, it may have to go. I want to get lots of storage boxes, and pack everything so it all fits under my bed and not littered around my room!! I have a shelf in my cupboard that just has stuffed piled so high that whenever I open it, stuff always falls out!!
07. Get Healthy, Okay, obviously I'm not going to turn into a yoga orientated health freak, not that there's anything wrong with that but I need to curb my love of cake and chocolate and sweet things and not just eat out of boredom
08. Play the Piano more dedicatedly. Basically next year I'm taking AS music and if I want to get a good mark, I need to work on my performance skills, composition is my favourite part of music and performing definately isn't. I'm slowly getting better now that I have a decent teacher but I've still got quite a long way to go
09. Take time to chill and relax. Properly. Not sitting watching a string of youtube videos but actually relaxing and yes, maybe doing yoga :O
10. Stay Motivated!! Maybe having a blog, something to keep me interested will help but usually when I start something, I never finish it :S I once started a 365 photos thing, taking a photo everyday for a year, and gave up after about 2 months I think. I might try that again somewhen and perhaps post them every Saturday onto the blog.
lots of hugs,